Want to have a straighter and brighter smile, but you’re worried about wearing braces? Invisalign might be your best option! Here at Sierra Springs Dental, we have the best Airdrie dentist that can assist you.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a clear aligner, a form of orthodontic treatment to straighten your teeth. They are made of plastic and act as dental braces to adjust the alignment of your teeth. If you have a moderate or severe overbite, crossbite, or underbite, you should consider Invisalign as your affordable and effective dental option. Visit your Airdrie dentist today and see if you qualify for Invisalign treatments.
What’s the difference between overbite, crossbite, and underbite?
- Overbite: Also referred to as a “deep bite,” an overbite is when the top teeth protrude out farther than the lower teeth.
- Crossbite: A crossbite is when your top and bottom teeth do not come together or bite in the correct position. Causes for crossbite include tooth position, jaw position, or a combination of both.
- Underbite: An underbite is a misalignment of the lower jaw that causes your lower teeth to protrude outward further than your top teeth.
Signs You Should Get Invisalign
There are many reasons you should consider Invisalign treatments. Clear aligners are an excellent remedy for fixing crooked teeth so that you can get a straighter smile in less than a year! Invisalign can also close small gaps between your teeth, so you no longer have to deal with spacing issues. Additionally, if your jaws or arches are too narrow to accommodate all of your teeth, they can overlap and twist into odd positions. Invisalign can help create more room for your teeth to sit in your mouth without feeling crowded.
How Do Invisalign Treatments Work?
An Invisalign procedure consists of a transparent plastic aligner plate to steadily move the teeth into the proper place. In the simplest terms, Invisalign is clear braces without any metal wiring. Most dentists recommend that you wear Invisalign for at least 20 hours of the day. The plate is removable, permitting patients to preserve their oral wellbeing and wellness. Invisalign is an excellent option for people who want a straighter and brighter smile without brackets and wires’ added stress and restrictions.
After the treatment, you might wonder: am I required to wear retainers? The answer to this is YES. It’s necessary to wear retainers after your treatment so that your teeth will hold on to their new positions without reverting to how they were. There are two types of retainers that Airdrie Dental offers:
- Removable retainers are clear, moulded plastic that fits over your teeth. At first, you might need to have them on for the whole day, but eventually just during nighttime. Typically, you wear these for about a year.
- Fixed retainers are acrylic and bendable wires affixed to the back of your teeth. They come in different colours and styles. You may wear fixed retainers for several years. A fixed retainer can be an indefinite solution to ensure that your teeth remain corrected and you protect your investment.
Benefits of Invisalign
- Convenient: Invisalign is a detachable plate to fix the teeth rather than brackets stuck to the teeth and are associated with wires.
- Affordable: Invisalign is more affordable than braces and has many added benefits.
- Personalized: All clear aligners are custom-made and designed according to the shape of your teeth.
- No Food Restrictions: Since Invisalign is removable, you will not have to worry when you eat. It would be easy for you to eat whatever you want.
- Available For All – Invisalign is a suitable option for kids, teens and adults! However, age may affect the cost and the treatment procedure.
- One-Year Guarantee – Invisalign is more or less a one-year process. In this case, regular visits to your Airdrie dentist are essential to get the necessary updates about your teeth. Complete dedication is required through the entire process to achieve your dream smile and result.
How do you clean Invisalign?
Like removable dentures, daily soaking is one of the best ways to clean your Invisalign tray aligners. There are different ways or methods that you can use when soaking your Invisalign tray aligners. However, regardless of which method you select, always make sure to brush and rinse your tray aligners after soaking.
- Invisalign Cleaning Crystals: This item is accessible online and in a few retail dental stores. It comes in single-use packets and requires warm water. As it dissolves, it cleans your tray aligners. This product recommends soaking for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Denture Tablets: Denture and retainer tablets are available online or in retail stores that sell dental products. They work similarly to cleaning crystals. Dissolve one tablet in warm water and soak your trays for 10 to 20 minutes. Caution: Some denture tablets with colouring may stain your tray aligners.
- Baking Soda and Water: This mixture should be approximately one teaspoon of baking soda to about one-half to three-quarters cup of warm water. Soak your aligners in this solution for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Vinegar and Water: This mixture is equal parts white vinegar and warm water. Soak trays for 20 to 30 minutes in this solution.
What if I lose or damage one of the trays?
Usually, you can have a lost or damaged tray replaced, although there may be an additional charge. In some instances, the doctor may recommend shifting up to the next set of trays in the sequence.
Schedule Your Consultation at Sierra Springs Dental Today
You can schedule a 100% free consultation for Invisalign to determine if Invisalign is the best choice for you. Book your complimentary orthodontic consultation with one of our Airdrie dentists today. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to call us now at (403) 945-4555.