Modern cosmetic dentistry can help you improve your smile. This professional oral care focuses on making your mouth, teeth, gums, and overall smile look better. Teeth whitening, veneers, fillings, and implants are all common procedures. A cosmetic dentist in Calgary is in charge of various procedures, from minor adjustments to major surgeries. A few of the cosmetic procedures they provide are listed below.
- Teeth whitening – Teeth whitening is one of the most common cosmetic dentistry procedures, and it’s also one of the most affordable. Food, drinks, medications, and other habits like smoking can stain teeth over time. Many people use teeth whitening to brighten their smiles. Teeth whitening can bleach the surface of teeth to create a brighter and whiter appearance.
- Dental Veneers are thin, white shells made of porcelain, resin, or ceramic. They’re made specifically for each patient to look like their natural teeth. A Calgary dentist removes some parts of the enamel from the tooth’s surface before attaching the veneers to bond the shells to the front of the teeth. Dental veneers can be applied to correct various cosmetic issues, such as crooked teeth, worn enamel, and gaps between teeth.
- Dental Crowns – A dental crown, also known as a dental cap, covers a tooth that is decayed or damaged. These crowns can prevent a weakened tooth from breaking or cover misshapen or severely discoloured teeth. Other procedures, such as root canals, enamel fillings, dental bridges, and dental implants, can also be covered.
- Indirect Fillings- When a tooth is too decayed to support a traditional filling, inlays and onlays, also known as indirect fillings, are used. A cosmetic dentist bonds these fillings in place after being created in a dental laboratory. When the material is bonded in the tooth’s center, it is called an “inlay.” When a filling covers one or more parts of several teeth or the entire surface, it is called an “onlay.” This procedure is an alternative to a crown because it preserves more of the tooth’s natural surface while strengthening and restoring it after decay.
- Dental implants – Dental implants can replace teeth after severe decay or tooth loss. A cosmetic dentist first screws it into the jaw to provide support.
- Dental bonding – A cosmetic dentist applies a moldable resin to the tooth and hardens it with ultraviolet light for dental bonding. The material is then trimmed, shaped, and polished to blend in with the tooth’s surface. Chipped, cracked, misshapen teeth, and tooth decay can all be repaired with dental bonding. Bonding is a more affordable alternative to fillings or crowns for minor cosmetic issues.
What are the reasons to visit a cosmetic dentist?
- Tooth decay
- Injuries (cracks, chips, broken tooth, etc.)
- Crooked teeth
- Missing teeth
Let us help you determine which type of cosmetic dentistry is suitable for you. Our team at Sierra Springs Dental is dedicated to giving you a smile that you deserve. Call us now at 403-291-4945 to book an appointment. We would be happy to accommodate you!